In this article, you will know about Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi)’s Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, News, Figure, Boyfriend, Affairs, Death Cause, Family, Facts, Photos, and other valuable information.
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Biography & Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Chandro Tomar|
|Hindi Name||चन्द्रो तोमर|
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Education
|Highest Qualification||Not Known|
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Physical Appearance
|Height (Approx)||In Centimeters – 160. CM |
In Meters – 1.60 M
In Feet & Inches – 5’3″
|Weight (Approx)||In Kilograms (Kgs.) – 50 Kgs |
In Pounds (Lbs.) – 110 lbs
|Body Measurement (Approx) – Chest-Waist-Hips||Not Known|
|Bra Size/Breast Size||Not Known|
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Family
|Kids/Children’s||6 (3 Sons & 3 Daughters)|
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Personal Life
|Date of Birth||1st January 1932|
|Age||89 Years (In 2021)|
|Birth Place||Shamli, Uttar Pradesh|
|Death||30th April, 2021|
|Death Cause||Covid-19 Infection|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Capricorn|
|Home Town||Johri Village, Baghpat District, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
HT Woman Award 2017
Sharam Shakti Award
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Career
She was born on Friday, 1 January 1932. She was 89 years old; as the time of death in Shamli, Uttar Pradesh.
Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She hailed from a family with an agricultural background and was married at the age of 15.
She lived in village, Johri, of the Bagpat District of Uttar Pradesh. She never received a formal education. She took up shooting as her career when she was 65 years old.
In 1999, her granddaughter, Shefali, wanted to learn shooting and decided to enroll herself at the Johri Rifle Club.
Shefali felt shy to go alone to an all-boys shooting club and asked Tomar to accompany her.
One day, when her granddaughter, Shefali, was not able to load the rifle, Tomar stepped in to help her and made a shot at the target.
Her first short resulted in a bull’s eye hit. The club coach, Farooq Pathan, was surprised to see her skills and suggested her to join the club and receive proper training.
On his advice, Chandro received extensive training for 2 years and went on to take part in many state level and national level shooting championships.
She won a silver medal in her first North Zone Championship. Since 1999, Tomar had competed in and won more than 30 national championships throughout India.
She won a gold medal at the veteran shooting championship held in Chennai. In 2016, Chandro competed in her last event in Delhi and won a bronze medal.
After 2016, Tomar continued coaching youngsters, addressing gatherings, and inaugurating various sports institutions.
Tomar was also featured in various TV shows including Satyamev Jayate, India’s Got Talent, and History TV’s “OMG! Ye Mera India”.
In 2019, a film titled “Saand Ki Aankh” based on the biography of Tomar and her sister-in-law, Prakashi Tomar, was made by Tushar Hiranandani.
The Bollywood actresses Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar played the roles of Chandro and Prakashi in the film. The film was declared tax-free in Delhi and Rajasthan.
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Relationship Status
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Net Worth
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Social Media Accounts
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Hobbies
Also, Read This:-
Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi) Favorite Things
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Indian Food|
|Favorite Song||Not Known|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Perfume||Not Known|
|Favorite Restaurant||Not Known|
Some Unknown Facts About Chandro Tomar (Shooter Dadi)
- She Does Yoga Everday.
- She owned a pistol worth £1,200.
- Chandro lived in an extended family of 40 persons.
- She was fondly known as Shooter Dadi and Revolver Dadi.
- Chandra’s granddaughter Shefali Tomar is a famous international shooter today.
- Chandro Tomar is famous all over the country by the name of Shooter Dadi and Revolver Dadi.
- Her name, work, and picture got published in the newspaper within 15 days of starting her shooting career.
- Initially, she feared going to the shooting range and used to practise late at night or during the early hours of the morning at her home.
- Although Tomar had never received a formal education, she was a quick learner when it came to sharpshooting and learning basic English.
- Chandro has appeared in many famous television shows like Kapil Sharma Show, Satyamev Jayate, India’s Got Talent, OMG Yeh Mera India etc.
- Her grand-daughter, Shefali was also competing in the same match in the junior category, and they both won silver medals at the championship.
- Two weeks after Chandro’s work got published in the newspapers, her sister-in-law, Prakashi Tomar also followed her footsteps and started learning shooting.
- A Hindi film Saand Ki Aankh, based on her life was made in 2019 which was directed by Tushar Hiranandani. Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar played the main characters in this film.
- Initially, her husband neither supported nor opposed her passion for shooting but as she excelled in her field, her husband encouraged her as well as the other members of the family.
- On 30 April 2021, Chandro breathed last at the age of 89. She was infected with Covid-19 and was hospitalized due to difficulty in breathing. Many celebrities including Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar, Randeep Hooda mourned at her death.
- Chandro defeated an army officer during her first championship from the North Zone. The match was held in Chandigarh. While sharing the details of the event, Chandro says,
So, friends, in the end, I hope that this article would have liked you. So, thank you very much for giving you valuable time.
If you have any questions related to this article. Then you can ask us through the comments. Above all, We will do our best to answer your question.
Even further, we will continue to bring such useful articles for you. Also, share it with your friends on social media and subscribe to our Blog.
So, you can get new articles coming to you. Please also visit our Facebook page. So that you will get the latest post information on time.
This is Payal Sharma. I am very passionate about entertainment writings, I love to watch new movies, Series and want to keep myself always updated in my writeups. You will enjoy my articles as everything is my own expression. Keep Reading cmriindia.org