Harika Dronavalli is a professional Indian chess player and has the title of Grand Master of FIDE.
In the year 2012, 2015, and 2017, she took home three bronze medals at the Women’s World Chess Championship.
She received the Arjuna Award from the Government of India in the year 2007-08.
She was born on 12th January 1991 in Gorantla, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
Her father is Ramesh Dronavalli, and her mother is Swarna Dronavalli. She completed her schooling at Sri Venkateswara Bala Kuteer.
She became involved in chess early on. She earned a medal at the National U9 Championship.
She went on to win a silver medal at the World Chess Championship for girls under the age of ten.
It was at this point that she approached her NVS trainer Ramaraju, who refined her play.
Following Humpu Koneru, she became the second female Indian to become a grandmaster.
She has won various accolades like National Women Chess Championship, Commonwealth Women Chess Championship, Woman Grandmaster Title – Youngest Woman Grandmaster in Asian Continent, World Youth Championship U-18 Girls, Georgia, 2011 Women Grandmaster Chess Tournament, Hangzhou.
She has won Bronze Medal at FIDE Online Chess Olympiad 2021 and Silver Medal at 2021 FIDE Women’s World Team Championship.
She tied the knot with Karteek Chandra in the year 2018.
Salary & Net Worth
Social Media Accounts
- She was born and brought up in Gorantla.
- Her sister Anusha married to Telugu film director K. S. Ravindra.
- She started her professional career in chess at the age of eight years.
- He was awarded the prestigious Padma Shri by President Ram Nath Kovind on March 11, 2019.
- Her father worked as a deputy executive engineer at a Panchayat Raj subdivision in Mangalagiri.
- When She participated in the National Women Chess Championship for the first time in the year 2008, she claimed the 15th spot.
- Disappointed, she vowed to win it the next year and she won the prestigious gold medal at 2009 National Women Chess Championship.
This is Payal Sharma. I am very passionate about entertainment writings, I love to watch new movies, Series and want to keep myself always updated in my writeups. You will enjoy my articles as everything is my own expression. Keep Reading cmriindia.org