Hugh Edmeades (Auctioneer) Height, Weight, Age, Wiki, Biography & More
Hugh Edmeades Biography
Hugh Edmeades is a British international fine art, classic car, and charity auctioneer. He has a 35-year of experience as a Christie’s auctioneer.
He conducted more than 2,500 auctions, selling over 310,000 lots for a sum in excess of £2.7 billion.
Salary & Net Worth
Social Media Accounts
Some Unknown Facts About Hugh Edmeades
- He is originally from London, United Kingdom.
- He was selected to conduct a celebrity auction in aid of Children in Need by BBC in the year 2015.
- On 12 February 2020, He had an unfortunate fall due to Postural Hypotension during the IPL Auction.
- In the year 2004, he conducted the auction of 88 guitars belonging to Eric Clapton which raised over $7 million.
- He work has taken him around the world to over 30 cities including Dubai, Hong Kong, Casablanca, New York, Mumbai, Monte Carlo, Los Angeles, and Tokyo.
- He is a much sought-after auctioneer for national and international charity fundraisers and has made over 850 sales to help raise over £97 million for several charitable causes.
- He has sold a wide range of items including Old Master, Impressionist and Contemporary paintings, fine furniture, Chinese ceramics & works of art, and film & sporting memorabilia.
- He was appointed as Chief Auctioneer of IPL (Indian Premier League) by Board of Control for Cricket in India. He was second auctioneer after Richard Madley who got chance to conduct the auction.
- In the year 2016, he stepped down from his full-time role at Christie’s, to become an independent auctioneer. It gave Hugh the opportunity to conduct more charity auctions and to share his knowledge and experience with other auction houses.
This is Payal Sharma. I am very passionate about entertainment writings, I love to watch new movies, Series and want to keep myself always updated in my writeups. You will enjoy my articles as everything is my own expression. Keep Reading cmriindia.org