Mouni Roy is a professional Indian film and television actress. She got fame with the television show Naagin.
She received several awards for her performance as Naagin at Gold Awards, Golden Petal Awards, Indian Television Academy Awards, and Gold Awards.
She was also nominated as Best Female Debut at the year 2018 Filmfare Awards.
Mouni Roy Birth & Family
She was born on 28th September 1985 in a Bengali family Who had a background in acting, not in films but theatre.
Her maternal grandfather was a famous theatre personality who used to perform Bengal’s local theatre ‘Jatra’.
Her mother carried out the same profession later and she established herself as a famous theatre artist in Bengal. No wonder, acting is in her (Mouni) genes.
Her father, Anil Roy worked as an Office Superintendent in the Cooch Behar District Council in West Bengal.
Her mother, Mukti Roy was a very famous theatre performer in the same place. She has a brother, Mukhar Roy who is younger than her.
Mouni Roy Education
Mouni Roy Physical Stats
Mouni Roy Career
She came to Mumbai to try herself into acting and got her first project as a background dancer in the song Nahi Hona in Abhishek Bacchan’s film Run.
She then entered into television and acted in the serial Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
She also participated in the first season of the dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha and became the winner of the show.
She got her next projects, Kasturi, Do Saheliya, Devo Ke Dev – Mahadev, and Junoon – Aisi Nafrat to Kaisa Ishq.
She came into the limelight with Colors television series Naagin and Naagin 2, in which her screen presence, as well as chemistry with the male leads, was greatly appreciated.
After this, She became one of the dominating actresses in the television industry.
Her rising fame gave her the chance to grab the lead roles in some high-budget Bollywood movies like Gold where she was cast opposite Akshay Kumar and Made in China with male lead Raj Kumar Rao.
She got married to Suraj Nambiar, who is a Dubai-based businessman in a grand ceremony in Goa.
Salary & Net Worth
Social Media Accounts
Mouni Roy Hobbies
Mouni Roy Favorite Things
Some Unknown Facts About Mouni Roy
- She loves playing with kids.
- She was born and brought up in West Bengal, India.
- During her free time, she loves doing painting and sketching.
- She is a well-trained dancer. She excelled in Kathak and Ballerina dancing styles.
- She worked as a choreographer in her college days as her dancing skills were amazing.
- She is a very religious person. She reads a lot of shlokas from religious books like Bhagavata Gita.
- She loves reading and never forgets carrying books and novels with her, whenever she is traveling.
- She has a melodious voice. She gave her voice for the character of Sita, in the animated movie Mahayodha Rama.
- She loves eating. Her favorite foods are Kadhi Chawal, Khichdi, famous Bengali sweet dish Mishti Doi and Chinese food.
This is Payal Sharma. I am very passionate about entertainment writings, I love to watch new movies, Series and want to keep myself always updated in my writeups. You will enjoy my articles as everything is my own expression. Keep Reading cmriindia.org