Sushmita Mukherjee Birth & Early Life
She was born on 20th August in New Delhi, India to a Brahmin family. Her father was a government officer.
She completed post-graduation from Jesus and Mary College, Women’s college in New Delhi. She attended the National School of Drama from 1980 to 1983.
She is a professional Indian film & television actress and author. She is famous for her role as Kitty in the detective TV serial Karamchand.
She has been worked on more than 50 television serials including popular names like Ishqbaaaz, Krishna Chali London, Madhubala, and Kabhi Saas Kabhi Bahu.
Apart from television, she is quite active in Bollywood films also. She is a very talented personality.
Sushmita Mukherjee Education
Sushmita Mukherjee Physical Stats
Sushmita Mukherjee Career
She made her Bollywood debut in the year 1987 with the movie Yeh Woh Manzil Toh Nahin starring Naseeruddin Shah.
She was appreciated for her role as blind Mangala Dadi in the movie Golmaal (2006).
She has worked in movies namely Main Zinda Hoon, Khalnayak, Dillagi, Kyaa Kool Hai Hum, Golmaal, Ugly Aur Pagli, Dostana, Aaja Nachle, Batti Gul Meter Chalu, and more.
She made her Hollywood debut with the movie The Other End of the Line in the year 2008.
She got fame for her role as Kitty in an Indian detective tv serial Karamchand in the year 1985.
She has worked in many TV shows, Meri Mrs. Chanchala, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Kabhi Saas Kabhi Bahu, Balika Vadhu, Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, Ishqbaaz, Khichdi Returns, Krishna Chali London, and many more.
Sushmita Mukherjee married film director Sudhir Mishra in the year 1978 but they were divorced.
Later, she married Raja Bundela, who is an actor & politician in the year 1993. They have two sons Rudransh Bundela and Rudranuj Bundela.
Salary & Net Worth
Social Media Accounts
Sushmita Mukherjee Hobbies
Sushmita Mukherjee Favorite Things
Some Unknown Facts About Sushmita Mukherjee
- She lives in Pandara Road, New Delhi.
- Her hobbies include writing & traveling.
- She was born and grew up in New Delhi, India.
- She works in theatre with her husband most of the times.
- She runs an NGO Rudrani Kalagram in a village in Madhya Pradesh.
- She acted in Amazon Prime’s web-series “Mind The Malhotras” in the year 2018.
- She manages Prayas Production, a production house owned by her husband. She also writes for the production house.
- She was awarded the NFDC (Nationwide Movie Improvement Company of India) Award for writing the scripts of “Kalashri” and “Nati.”
- She joined Barry John’s Theatre Group, when she was 15 years old. She is also alumnus of National School of Drama and graduated in the year 1983.
- She has written scripts for various tv shows and she was assistant scriptwriter of the movie Khamosh. She has written several short-stories and done ghost-writing for tv shows and plays.
- Her debut novel Mee and Juhibaby was published in the year 2018. She is the author of book Baanjh: Incomplete Lives of Complete Women. The book is collection of 11 short stories and was released in January, 2021.
This is Payal Sharma. I am very passionate about entertainment writings, I love to watch new movies, Series and want to keep myself always updated in my writeups. You will enjoy my articles as everything is my own expression. Keep Reading cmriindia.org